111 Mountain Brook Drive
Canton GA 30115 USA
What is Business Insights: Overview + Application
(Green Belt) training?
Learn to turn your data into powerful fact-based selling stories – storytelling with data. This program consists of two courses that develop your skills to analyze data, find the key insights and communicate them clearly and concisely to facilitate faster and better business decisions
- Explain the basic concepts of business insights, storytelling, and the criteria to evaluate the strength and quality of an insight.
- Demonstrate some mechanical skills for analyzing the data, finding the critical insights, writing a powerful and concise story, and using the proper data visualization tool.
- Show how charts and tables tell different stories.
- Explain why certain charts should be avoided.
- Learn about the components and sequence of a story for maximum impact.
- Utilize custom case studies to reinforce the learning content.
The pre-courses focus on learning best-in-class data visualization techniques and instruction on how to interpret different chart types. Charts should support your story – not make it more difficult to understand. Discover what charts to use, why to use them, and what charts to avoid. Find out how to interpret line charts and what causes poor data visualization. And learn how to quickly create charts in Excel. Completing the pre-courses allows for more time to develop critical thinking skills to analyze the data and find the critical story during the case study exercises in the “Overview + Application” course.
The Data Visualization & Interpretation and Excel Charts self-paced online courses must be completed before attending the in-person or virtual classroom “Overview + Application” course. The Excel Formulas & Functions, Retail Math and Application Exercise courses are strongly recommend to complete prior to the in-person or virtual classroom session.
- Self-paced online courses
- Required courses: 6 to 8 hours
- Optional courses, exercises and quizzes (self-paced online):
- Optional 35 to 48 hours
Self-paced online courses:
- Data Visualization & Interpretation (Required)
- Excel Charts (Required)
- Excel Formulas & Functions
- Excel PivotTables
- Retail Math
- Application Exercises
12 months of access for online courses.
Who Would Benefit?
This program is designed for individuals who would benefit from an understanding of what constitutes good business insights with some basic application skills. This program will not properly prepare the participant to pass our Business Insights Black Belt 1 Certification exam.
Past attendees represent sales, marketing, finance, supply chain, human resources and business analysts who do not need to demonstrate a mastery of understanding by passing an exam.