111 Mountain Brook Drive
Canton GA 30115 USA
Power BI is a powerful tool that aggregates disparate data for easy reporting, visualization and analysis.
There are three critical process steps to create the final product – interactive reports and dashboards:
- Data Shaping – retrieving/importing data from multiple sources, shaping and cleaning data for analyses
- Data Modeling – adding measures and custom calculations to expand the analytical opportunities
- Data Visualization – creating the reports, visualizations and dashboard tools for dynamic analysis
Delta’s Power BI course will bring the learner through all three process steps using real-life CPG data (IRI, Nielsen, NPD, SPINS, Retail Link, internal sources, etc.) and using business scenarios that answer CPG-centric Business Management Questions™. By the end of the 18-hour program, the learner will be able to create dynamic and robust reports, templates and dashboards. This is a structured curriculum with live instructor interactions. No more wasting time trying to find the right youtube video.
This course was developed in partnership with Mike Carlo, a Microsoft Power BI MVP, Power BI Contributors program member and owner of PowerBI.Tips. Mike specializes in the strategic implementation of Power BI and the Modern Data Platform framework for enterprise organizations. Learn more about Delta’s Power BI Partners.
- Connect to various types of data sources like Excel, Text/CSV, databases, and multiple files in a folder.
- Clean up “messy” data with options like Trim, Split Columns, Replace Errors, etc.
- Convert horizontal data (time across) to vertical data (or long data).
- Merge columns and queries like Excel CONCATENATE and VLOOKUP.
- Append multiple queries to create a single data source.
Data Shaping (Excel Power Query and Power BI)
- Learn best practices for setting up a good data model.
- Create relationships in data.
- Introduce common DAX measures and replicate common formulas used in Excel.
- Apply advanced DAX measures such as CALCULATE, ALL and FILTER to create measures such as: This Year % Mix, Last Year % Mix, Mix Point Change and Mix Value Change.
- Create commonly used time intelligent measures from daily or weekly data: This Year and Last Year (Last 4 Weeks, Last 13, Last 52, and Year to Date).
Data Modeling (Excel Power Pivot and Power BI)
- Add basic visual objects – Text, Images, Cards and Tables.
- Incorporate basic chart visuals -column, bar and line charts.
- Control various formats of values and settings within each object.
- Create drill-down level reporting.
- Develop multiple report pages for extensive business review.
- Publish and share dashboards.
Data Viz – Dashboard Design (Power BI)
- Delivery: Live virtual classroom
- Time: Three days + one hour of 1:1 personal consulting/coaching time
- Investment: $1,800 per person.
If you have a group of 8 or more, please contact us about discounted pricing and customization.
Delta Power BI helped me unlock the power of big data!
This course really helped me learn to navigate power bi, power pivots, and power query. I was able pick up on how calculations work and visualize huge amounts of data. I had zero experience prior to the training and now I leverage it more than excel! If you have large data sets, this course will help you find your golden nuggets, bleeders, and leaders so much faster. Not only have I already uncovered growth opportunities 2 months after taking the course, but I am more efficient now that I am not spending hours doing vlookups, and crashing excel! I have easily saved hours upon hours of work through automating reports in Power BI. The course itself was extremely engaging. They pair you in classes where you may have similar roles but in non-compete categories, and they go as fast or as slow as you need them to go. Beyond the course, the instructors continue to engage long after your course has ended to help you enhance your skillset. I recommend this course without reservation and am even looking for an advanced course through Delta!
Power Training - prepared for the future
The Power Training led by Sterling Woodard has presented me with new and powerful tools to use in my everyday reporting. Sterling is always very thorough in his presentation and very responsive when questions arise. Sterling broke down the course well – focusing on each individual component – PowerQuery, PowerPivot, and PowerBI and identifying how the tools work together. I am well equipped to apply this functionality in order to streamline my data analysis and reporting going forward.
A LOT more comfortable now that I took this course
Power BI is a powerful tool that can be so helpful to know and use, but trying to learn the basics via YouTube or blogs just doesn’t cut it. Sterling really brings the stress level down to where it all starts to click. These people know the type of data the businesses are trying to crunch because they have worked and consulted with a majority of of their analysts. This is where Delta Associates is an asset. They are not computer programmers trying to teach. They are business people who know what is needed and how to understand it from a business point of view. Well worth the investment. Thanks Sterling !
POWER BI COURSE
Comprehensive dive into the most effective ways to construct and visualize your data to make informed decisions. Highly recommended to anyone regularly working with large data sets
Change my view on large data files and I immediately implemented
I feel I am proficient in Excel and maneuvering through large datasets. Yet, after attending the Delta Power BI training class with Sterling Woodard as the instruction I have a greater understanding and an increased skill sets on managing datasets. It is amazing how I have incorporated so much of what Sterling taught me into my reporting project also assisted many of my peers. I would recommend this class to anyone who wants to broaden their analytical skills.