111 Mountain Brook Drive
Canton GA 30115 USA
What is the Business Insights: Black Belt Level 1 certification curriculum?
(Formerly known as Bronze)
Learn how to turn your data into powerful fact-based selling stories – storytelling with data. This program consists of three core programs that develop your skills to analyze data, find the key insights and communicate them clearly and concisely to facilitate faster and better business decisions.
The Business Insights (BI 1) course covers the mechanics of business insights — retail math and Excel — to increase speed and proficiency, so more time can be allocated to analyzing data.
- Live virtual classroom
- Self-paced online courses
- Course: 2 days
- Practice exercises and quizzes (self-paced online):
- Required: 6-12 hours
- Optional extra: 12-24 hours
Self-paced online courses (included with all delivery options):
- Retail Math
- Excel Formulas & Functions
- Excel Charts
- Excel PivotTables – Not part of the learning path but is part of the bundle of Excel courses you receive. PivotTables are an instrumental tool for effective and efficient data analysis.
12 months of access for online courses.
Business Insights Learning Path Sequence and Timing
What are the different Business Insights Black Belt Level 1 certification curriculum learning pathways?
There are 4 learning path options. Your organization may prescribe one of the options. Or, if the choice is yours, then it depends on your learning style, degree of preferred interaction (learning from other participants and instructors’ experiences), budget, and time frame.
- If you are enrolled in a blended learning pathway – self-paced online and in-person, you must complete and pass all required online exercises prior to attending the in-person workshop.
- Data suggests sequencing your classes a minimum of 7 weeks apart. This will allow you to complete the weekly reinforcement exercises which will lead to a stronger command of the skills.
- There are three options for the exam.
- If your organization scheduled an “onsite” exam, then your exam will be proctored at a designated location and time.
- If you would like to register for a remote online proctored exam, then your computer must have a webcam, audio recorder and the ability to download the proctoring web browser software extension. There is an additional $80 fee that is paid directly to the 3rd party exam proctoring company.
- If you do not have the ability to use a computer that allows the proper access for the exam, you can take the exam in-person at our Atlanta, Georgia, USA office.
- Option 1: All workshops (BI 1, BI 2 & BI 3) are in-person in a classroom or a virtual classroom. Exam after completion of BI 3 (available now).
- Option 2: BI 1 self-paced online and BI 2 and BI 3 in-person or virtual classroom. Exam after completion of BI 3 (available now).
- Option 3: BI 1 and BI 2 self-paced online, and BI 3 in-person or virtual classroom. Exam after completion of BI 3 (available fall of 2020).
- Option 4: BI 1 and BI 2 self-paced online. Exam after completion of BI 2 (available fall of 2020).
All options have access to the self-paced online Business Insight Black Belt Level 1 courses and additional resources for 12 months starting at the commencement of the first in-person, virtual classroom workshop or registration for the self-paced online courses. Payment must be received prior to online access.
The Delta Business Insights program focuses on teaching individuals how to analyze the data, find the critical key insights and then communicate them effectively. This critical skill is 90% of Category Management. If you can’t find the stories then developing action plans will not help. Learn advanced category management analytical skills with Delta.
What else comes with the Business Insight Black Belt curriculum?
Application Library – This section provides examples and templates to analyze different business scenarios. For example: forecast versus actual, warranties shipped, call-center sales, sell-in versus sell-out, fill rates, household buyer rates, and usage occasions analysis. We will periodically add new case studies to this library. If you have any ideas not presented in the library, please let us know. (coming fall 2020).
Downloadable resources – As part of your curriculum, you will be able to download our math formula cards and business insight process cards and you will receive a laminated copy either by mail or in-person.
Business Insights Book – You will receive a copy of our book: Business Insights: How to Find and Effectively Communicate the Golden Nuggets in Retail Data as part of your curriculum material (either by mail or in-person).