111 Mountain Brook Drive
Canton GA 30115 USA
Power BI is a powerful tool that aggregates disparate data for easy reporting, visualization and analysis.
There are three critical process steps to create the final product – interactive reports and dashboards:
- Data Shaping – retrieving/importing data from multiple sources, shaping and cleaning data for analyses
- Data Modeling – adding measures and custom calculations to expand the analytical opportunities
- Data Visualization – creating the reports, visualizations and dashboard tools for dynamic analysis
Delta’s Power BI course will bring the learner through all three process steps using real-life CPG data (IRI, Nielsen, NPD, SPINS, Retail Link, internal sources, etc.) and using business scenarios that answer CPG-centric Business Management Questions™. By the end of the 18-hour program, the learner will be able to create dynamic and robust reports, templates and dashboards. This is a structured curriculum with live instructor interactions. No more wasting time trying to find the right youtube video.
This course was developed in partnership with Mike Carlo, a Microsoft Power BI MVP, Power BI Contributors program member and owner of PowerBI.Tips. Mike specializes in the strategic implementation of Power BI and the Modern Data Platform framework for enterprise organizations. Learn more about Delta’s Power BI Partners.
- Connect to various types of data sources like Excel, Text/CSV, databases, and multiple files in a folder.
- Clean up “messy” data with options like Trim, Split Columns, Replace Errors, etc.
- Convert horizontal data (time across) to vertical data (or long data).
- Merge columns and queries like Excel CONCATENATE and VLOOKUP.
- Append multiple queries to create a single data source.
Data Shaping (Excel Power Query and Power BI)
- Learn best practices for setting up a good data model.
- Create relationships in data.
- Introduce common DAX measures and replicate common formulas used in Excel.
- Apply advanced DAX measures such as CALCULATE, ALL and FILTER to create measures such as: This Year % Mix, Last Year % Mix, Mix Point Change and Mix Value Change.
- Create commonly used time intelligent measures from daily or weekly data: This Year and Last Year (Last 4 Weeks, Last 13, Last 52, and Year to Date).
Data Modeling (Excel Power Pivot and Power BI)
- Add basic visual objects – Text, Images, Cards and Tables.
- Incorporate basic chart visuals -column, bar and line charts.
- Control various formats of values and settings within each object.
- Create drill-down level reporting.
- Develop multiple report pages for extensive business review.
- Publish and share dashboards.
Data Viz – Dashboard Design (Power BI)
- Delivery: Live virtual classroom
- Time: Six 3-hour sessions + one hour of 1:1 personal consulting/coaching time
- Investment: $1,650 per person.
If you have a group of 8 or more, please contact us about discounted pricing and customization.